We All Need A Friend To Visit From Time To Time
At Companions we like to think of ourselves as more than carers. We build relationships with our clients to become trusted friends, on hand to have a natter, a good old laugh and provide that reassurance all of us need from time to time. It’s also important to have mental stimulation whatever age you are and this isn’t always possible when you’re at home on your own. We often play games of cards, read to and participate in hobbies with clients, as well as take trips out and accompany them to lunches, club meetings or the cinema.
A reassurance appointment may mean one of our trained staff visits to make a cup of tea and reminisce about the past or telephones for a chat about that day’s weather and news. A friendly face or voice can make the difference between an ordinary or enjoyable day. After all, who doesn’t need a companion? Call us confidentially to discuss your needs.
Amongst other duties, Companions can help with:
- Making conversation and being a friend
- Creating and attending appointments
- Reading and playing games
- Delivering books, films and magazines, and reading
- Planning and going on trips
- Preparing shopping lists
- Discussing and participating in hobbies and interests
- Visiting friends, family or neighbours
- Just being there when needed
- Experienced with Dementia needs