We Can Be Close By To Support You, Even In The Middle Of The Night
The infirm and elderly sometimes require extra support during the night, in particular when recuperating after an accident or illness, or during a period of sickness. Companions’ staff are more than happy to care for clients right through the night if needed or undertake a ‘sleeping service visit’, meaning they will also go to bed, but be close should reassurance or assistance be required in the small hours.
Night care is also commonly required as a respite care service, whether this is to help a full time professional carer or a person’s husband or wife. Use our contact form or telephone us to talk about your one-off or ongoing requirements.
Typically, these are elements within a night-time care visit:
- Playing a game with, reading to or having conversations with the client
- Helping around the home with chores
- Preparing an evening meal or light supper
- Helping with bathing, dressing for bed and tucking in
- Assisting with bathroom needs
- Distraction from pain and ensuring correct medication is taken
- Wake-up, dressing and preparing breakfast
- Reassurance and just being there as a friend as well as carer